Welcome to Room 103
- Have your child bring a water bottle with a cap that does not leak.
- Children need to always have a book in their backpack.
- Transportation changes must be in writing.
- Bring in your WEB books!
- Remember, work must be made up for unexcused absences like family vacations that occur during the school year.
May 30, 2019
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Open Share Thursday
May 31, 2019
Week in Review
- SAVE THE DATE: Come and hear our young authors at our Authors' Breakfast on June 7th from 9:15-10:00. We will share some of our stories and share breakfast as a first-grade community.
- Our second week of Unit 13 in Fundations, introduced us to the suffix -es. We know when a base word ends in s, ch or x, we should use the suffix -es.
- There is lots going on in science. First we observed a flowering plant. The following day, with the help of Ms. Woods, the science coordinator, we dissected the plant to see all the individual parts of the plant. Later in the week, we used Pebble Go to do some research on the individual parts, the stem, the roots, the leaves and the flowers. In addition, we observed the chrysalids twice and noted changes.
- After our study of 2 dimensional shapes and their attributes in math, we turned to 3 dimensional shapes and composed other shapes using cubes, rectangular prisms, spheres, cones, pyramids, and cylinders.
- After we introduced the setting in our "Very Story" last week, we moved on to introducing the problem. Then, we introduced our secondary characters. After our main character tried three times to solve their problem, we then tackled the ending. Some students have already submitted their completed drafts which I will type up and they will illustrate.
- This week in social studies, we watched a video about the symbols of the nation. Next, we will do some research and write a fact about each one of our symbols. Then we will record the information in our booklet.
- In Technology, Mr. Ahern introduced us to a little robot named Dash. We got to explore all the things we could program Dash to do.
- Thank you to Ariella for being our star of the week! We learned so much about you!