Welcome to Room 103
Last Weeks in Review
- It was so nice seeing everyone at our Authors' Breakfast. The students worked so hard on their writing and were so excited to share it with you! Thank you for bringing/sending in food and supplies for our breakfast and for attending!
- Thank you to our Learning Buddies from Mrs. Pedro's room. They met with us before our Authors' Breakfast so we could practice reading our stories. They also met with us on June 14th to play together and share popsicles.
- We had our end of year math test on the 7th of June. Those were sent home on the last day of school.
- Thank you to Zara's parents for staying after Authors' breakfast to be our mystery readers. You provided much needed comic relief.
- We read a book called Fishy Facts and recorded three facts we learned from the book.
- Our 4 summer birthdays were celebrated the week of the 10th, Amber, Max, Cole, and Ella.
- On Flag Day, we read another book about the flag and discussed some things we already found out in our earlier research of the American flag.
- Mr. Ahern invited us to the computer lab for one last session of typing and to play a game.
- We discussed biomimicry in science and had Ms. Woods come in to help us plan for an invention based on biomimicry. We also read "The Magnificent Thing" which helped us to understand that things don't always go the way we plan, but given time, we can look at things in a different way and still be successful.
- Our last unit in math was money. We went over the different coins, what they look like, what is on them and the value. We also did some single coin-counting as well as some mixed coin counting.
- Students created a display for next year's first grade about the most important thing in first grade. It came out great!
- Finally, the students were very helpful in cleaning up our classroom community. I could not have had better helpers!
- Trick words and spelling city, as well as a couple of other links will remain active throughout the summer. I have also attached a document about activities students can do throughout the summer to keep reading and writing.
- I will miss everyone very much and hope that you will visit next year! Have a great summer!