File: JJIB- INTERSCHOLASTIC ATHLETICS
Eligibility requirements for participating in interscholastic athletic programs will be set by the school administration and shall conform to the rules of the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association.
A parent/guardian and student-athlete will sign off on the following items each season:
- Sharon School Department Athletic Participation: Acknowledgement of Risk / Consent / Liability Release Form
- Online Concussion Form (National Federation of State High School Associations Website)
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Hazing Law
- MIAA Chemical Health Policy
- MIAA Bona Fide Team Member Policy
- Sharon High School Weight Room Rules and Permission Form
- Additional forms as required by the Athletic Director and outlined in the Student Handbook.
The parent/guardian and the student-athlete do the following:
- Attend the Sports Assembly Meeting that is held each season to go over the above information
- Complete a Commonwealth of Massachusetts Pre-Participation Head Injury / Concussion Form
- Have a current doctor's physical exam of the student-athlete on file with the athletic department and nurse
(The physical exam is good for 13 months after the date of the exam.)
The School Committee may require an annual fee for participation in interscholastic athletics. Fee may be waived in accordance with the guidelines for the free and reduced lunch program.
The Athletic Director, Principal and Superintendent will establish regulations to ensure the safety and well-being of students and staff members who participate in these activities.
Legal Refs.:M.G.L. 71:47, Athletic Programs; School Organizations; Student Activity Accounts
M.G.L. 71:54A, Physician or Person Trained in an Emergency Medical Care; Assignment to Interscholastic Football Games
603 CMR 26.06, Access to Equal Educational Opportunities: Extra-Curricular Activities
Cross Refs:AC, Nondiscrimination
Revised:February 12, 2014