SC Policy Sub Committee Minutes 08/29/2012
SHARON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
SHARON, MA 02067
Minutes – August 29, 2012
School Administration Building
Sharon Middle School
75 Mountain Street
Sharon, MA 02067
Present: Timothy Farmer, Glenn Brand, Jeff Cruzan, Katie Currul-Dykeman, Veronica Wiseman
The meeting was convened at 6:05 p.m.
Areas of discussion for this meeting:
• Asking school nurses to attend the next meeting (Sept. 19th) to discuss Policy JLCD (administration of medications to students), EBB (first aid) and food allergies, environmental allergens and irritants in the schools
• A letter was received from a parent requesting the School Department to ban all fragrances in the schools. Mr. Farmer will contact area superintendents to see if they have a fragrance policy.
• Review of policies to insure that federal and state mandates are being followed
• There will be a discussion on the Field Trip Policy at the Sept. 19th meeting
• Discussion on field trip fees and the impact on families who cannot afford to send their children (i.e. SMS Washington DC trip, etc.)
• State Ethics law and the impact on tutoring in the SPS – Glenn Brand will send the regulations for School Committee review
• Assignment for individual member policy review:
Veronica Wiseman – GA – GBGB
Katie Currul-Dykeman – GBI – GDDDB
Laura Salomons – H
The meeting was adjourned at 6:55 p.m.
Submitted by: Helen Campanario, Recording Secretary to the School Committee