SC Policy Sub Committee Minutes 09/19/2012
SHARON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
SHARON, MA 02067
Minutes – September 19, 2012
School Administration Building
Sharon Middle School
75 Mountain Street
Sharon, MA 02067
Present: Timothy Farmer, Glenn Brand, Jeff Cruzan, Katie Currul-Dykeman, Veronica Wiseman, Kris Heck, Cathy Friedman, Sue Molinda
The meeting was convened at 6:00 p.m.
Areas of discussion for this meeting:
• The school nurses reviewed with the committee the draft policy JLCD (Administering Medicine to Students). There was a lengthy discussion on word and definition clarification.
• There was also a lengthy discussion on allergic reactions, the administration of Benadryl and Epinephrine (Epi-Pen).
• There was a discussion on the protocol for keys (where they would be kept and who would have access) to locked medicine cabinets.
• Policy EBB (Administering First Aid) was discussed. The School Nurses will review the current policy and will have further discussion on the policy at a subsequent meeting.
• There was a brief discussion on irritants/perfumes/fragrances in school buildings district-wide.
It was the consensus of members to not adopt a policy but to use “best efforts” to discourage over-use of perfumes/fragrances in school buildings.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:55 p.m.
Submitted by: Helen Campanario, Recording Secretary to the School Committee