SC Agenda 01/29/2014
SMS, Administration Conference Room, 75 Mountain Street
TOWN OF SHARON
POSTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE OPEN MEETING LAW AS AMENDED
Board, Committee, Commission
SHARON SCHOOL COMMITTEE
LOCATION:SHARON MIDDLE SCHOOL, 75 Mountain Street
DATE:January 29, 2014
SHARON SCHOOL COMMITTEE
January 29, 2014, 7:00 p.m.
Sharon Middle School
I. PUBLIC FEEDBACK
Student Advisory Committee
East Elementary School Update
II. DECISION ITEMS
1. Approve Meeting Minutes - Open Session (1-8-14)
2. Approve Sharon Youth Basketball Association Donation ($3,000)
3. Approve F.A.M.E. Donation ($1,129.64)
4. Approve SHS PTSO Grants ($5,100)
5. Approve SHS ASF Rising Leaders Scholarship Donation ($500)
6. Approve SHS All-State Music Festival Trip (March 20-22, 2014)
A. 2014-2015 Budget Update
B. Heights Existing Conditions / Security
C. Policies: IGA-Curriculum Development; IGD-Curriculum Adoption; IMB-Teaching about Controversial Issues/Controversial Speakers; JIE, Pregnant Students; JJ-Co-curricular Activities; JJA-Student Organizations; JJB-Student Social Events; JJC-Student Performances; JJF-Student Activity Accounts; JJIB-Interscholastic Athletics; JKAA-Physical Restraint of Students; JKD-Student Suspension Policy; JL-Student Welfare; JLCC-Communicable Diseases; JLCDA-Condom Policy; JLCDA-E-Sample Parent Letter; JLD-Guidance Program; JQ-Student Fees, Fines & Charges; JRA-Student Records; JRD-Student Photographs; KCB-Community Involvement in Decision Making; KDB-Public’s Right to Know; KDD-News Media Relations/News Releases; KE-Public Complaints
D. School Committee Appointment Authority of Identified Positions as Outlined in Massachusetts General Law
IV. ANNOUNCEMENTS & UPDATES
V. SUPERINTENDENT’S ITEMS
VI. OTHER BUSINESS
Topics not reasonably anticipated 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION for the purpose of discussing strategy for negotiation with non-union personnel
Proposed School Committee Dates: 2/5, 2/26, 3/12, 3/26, 4/9, 4/30, 5/14, 5/28, 6/11, 6/18.
- Note: Deadline request for copies of printed materials relative to the Open Session meeting is the Tuesday prior to the scheduled School Committee Meeting - 10:00 a.m. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharon Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, homelessness, national origin, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.